Friday, April 20, 2007

chatter

Sometimes I don't get to this blog because I am at a loss for things to say. I'm still here, the snow is still melting, the babe is still growing, I'm still just crafting and being a mom and hanging out with other moms and going for walks in the woods. Of course there is lots else, all that other stuff that goes on in a life, all the details that are either too mundane or too personal to post upon a blog. And all these details fill up a life too and make getting down to the work of writing often difficult. Sometimes it takes me all day of popping onto the computer and then off again to actually get something ready to post. And more often I don't get there at all. I aspire to one day be a once-a-day blogger but following the above argument, it seems my life will have to get both more interesting and less busy, which is not altogether likely. In the meantime, I will post a few images of those details that fill the day...
Ari helping with supper, a nearly completed birthday crown (almost a year old! How did that happen?) and the rhubarb coming up in the garden.
my boy in the garden, bowl of fresh felt strawberries and some pumpkin millet muffins. Yum.
(And the phone was a recent thrift store find. I am usually anti-plastic, but something about plastic from the 70's is okay. And tell me this isn't cuter than a plastic cell phone that talks? This phone just jingles a little bell and rolls its eyes a bit. And Ari picks it up when it rings and hands it to me, so it is clearly promoting learning and early secretarial skills.)

5 comments:

  1. I am glad that the snow is finally melting and happy to read your posts whenever you feel like posting!! I love the crown you are making for Ari - I can't wait till the birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i had that exact phone when i was a kid, i couldn't have resisted either! your photos are always gorgeous, not to mention your crafting...: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same phone! I love it! You can use it as a car or as a phone, it's so pretty and practical. I love vintage Fisher Price. The modern designs are ugly, though.

    Some children don't know what that phone is, because they've only seen mobile phones. Awful.

    I often make muffins with my boy. It's so homey to bake together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we have that phone too! I think I like it more than Wyatt does. And I think snow melting, kiddos growing and birthday crowns are HUGE news! Your muffins sound yummy...would you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this post- such goodness. that boy is growing up before my very eyes!
    Lovely felt strawberries, too. i can see you have warm weather on your mind.

    ReplyDelete