

Who needs toys when there are canisters to play with? I bought these at a thrift store awhile back and they have become a favorite. They fit inside each other, roll well and clang loudly when knocked together. What could be better? Please ignore the mess in the background. Tonight's project is a major cleaning session before Perry's parents come to visit. We are looking so forward to their stay (I am blessed with in-laws I adore!) and they have not seen Ari since the fall, so there will be much fun to be had.

Hopefully I will be able to have time to sneak off to the craft room (craft room sounds so lofty- images of organized shelves full of cloth and craft supplies and empty tables to work at. The reality is a tiny back bedroom/storage room in our little cabin filled with filing boxes and overloaded bookshelves and my craft supplies spilling over all surfaces. But it is a place to retreat to none-the-less.) Here is a peek at a birthday WIP, any guesses?
Sock animals?
ReplyDeleteAri looks so happy with his "non-toy" toys! I remember as a child that my mum used to give my brother and I her pans, wooden spoons and clothes pegs to play with and we would be happy for hours, cooking, playing the drums etc. I wish that they had a fabulous photo of us doing that - just like the one you have of Ari!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy your visitors!!