This is all the spring we are getting right now, a cottonwood branch brought inside and set in water to leaf out in the house. The smell is incredible and is a reminder that there might be something green budding again one day, even as the snow continues to fall.Things are looking up from the last post, Perry is home now and Ari's cold is nearly gone and there is less grouchiness all round. I've been sewing in fits and starts, and enjoying it so much. I never thought I would sew- I have always hated getting behind a sewing machine in the past, but somehow it has become such fun as I learn more and actually make things. I find such satisfaction from creating something functional from a pile of fabric or an old item of clothing. I am still making tons of mistakes, but I am slowly learning how to correct them and closing myself in the back room with the sewing machine feels like a mini-retreat.

These are a couple recent projects. I am currently working on a stack of bibs for my messy baby, and several other projects are currently sitting unfinished. I seem to sew and craft like I read. A book on the go in every corner and a few more in the wings waiting to be picked up.
That's funny because I actually used to hate sewing also. I think the difference is that now that I have Jack sewing gives me something concrete. Something that I can actually start and finish, unlike motherhood, which never seems to have a "finished" moment.
ReplyDeleteGlad family life is getting calmer and there is hope that spring may one day arrive! I am sitting with my tulips and daffodils in vases and we have had the most amazing sun for 3 days now!! Due to be cloudy tomorrow though!
ReplyDeleteI love the bags - especially the patterned one - the fabric is great!
wow- beautiful bags! the fabrics are really nice. I love the photo of the cottonwood branch, too, and feel glad that your winter is nearly finished. hooray for spring and well babies!
ReplyDeletex
Pretty bags! I was told in school I'm useless at sewing, but I discovered I'm not. Good luck with your sewing!
ReplyDelete