Mmm. Yam soup. Ari has been enjoying his meals more and more these days, and he is getting pretty determined to feed himself. You might notice that he has two spoons there in his mouth. That would be the one I was trying to feed him with and the one I gave him attempting distraction. But he did manage to get a good deal of soup into his mouth, and clearly he enjoyed the process so I guess that's what counts.
And the obvious next step after this kind of fancy eating is a bath. We've taken to the baby-in-the-rubbermaid form of bathing lately- he can stand and play and splash to his hearts content and one of us doesn't have to get into the tub every night after dinner. I suppose this is the idea behind baby bathtubs, but we have this perfectly good tupperwear container that serves the purpose fine. It can double as a playpen in emergencies too (without water of course.)And on the weather front, it is currently above zero at 11:00 at night. Things are looking up.
So familiar, except these days, at 14 months, our baby likes being in the shower by himself! He sits on the floor, plays with his ducks and a watering can, and sings. Our bathroom is tiny, so it gets full of steam, which is very good for his runny nose. But it is hilarious hearing him sing in the shower!
ReplyDeleteThe soup looks good - I think Ari was enjoying it!! Love the bathtub too!!
ReplyDeleteeeek- below zero?! you're brave to handle that. especially when it's *supposed* to be spring!
ReplyDeletei love the photos of ari eating his soup. yum.