Sunday, April 15, 2007

girls and dolls



I've been wanting to make one of these for awhile now, but it was Ari's sweet little friend's one year birthday that inspired me to finally make one. She gave the doll a kiss and a chew in appreciation so I know it will be loved. She is made of plant dyed wool felt and her bed is a felted wool sweater. And yes, I realize I have got the interlock going in the wrong direction. I'll get that right next time I'm sure.

I couldn't resist going a little girly on the colour scheme. So much for all my aspirations of gender neutrality. But in my defense, my boy currently prefers baby dolls to trucks and looks great in lavender.



I also recently sent this pouch off to a friend. The linen is a thrifted napkin and is my very favorite colour of green. There is just enough left to make one of these for myself.
And at the risk of complaining about the weather one too many times in the past few posts... it snowed today. A lot. The poor robins are chilly and the puddles are frozen over. In Narnia it was the ice queen that made the land forever winter, right? She's here I'm afraid. Soon I will find lampposts sprouting in unlikely places and all my friends turned to stone.

2 comments:

  1. The doll is great - the colours are fabulous - girlie but not too girlie and I think that I would have to say that the grass/apple green is also my favourite shade of green! Sorry to hear it's still snowing - it's still doing it in New Hampshire as well according to my aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the little doll- lucky wee girl who received it. You've inspired me to try to that pattern- it's been on my to-do list for so long. The pouch is lovely too- i love the wee bird- i think it's fair enough that you're longing for spring!

    ReplyDelete