
As promised, shots of barns. This is one of my favorite buildings on the property. We don't have goats, but it was built to house them, and clearly did for many years, its insides are stocked with teeny tiny milking stools and nipple ointment and sliding wooden railings. There is little attic above that has been claimed as kid-space, and I sometimes see the girls secretly clambering up the fence and pulling themselves up inside at dusk, headlamps glinting. I never notice this of course.

It is grey grey grey here, so the grey tones seem appropriate, and although the garden is happy for the rain, the local folks who live near the rivers, are not so pleased. There are lots of roads washed out and the rivers are rising. We live on a hill (in the mountains, really) and so there is no risk of us floating away, but we may head down to help the sandbagging effort. Bring some sandwiches at the least.
Living right in between the Missouri and Missippi Rivers, I feel that flooding pain. :-(
ReplyDeleteThe barn photos are gorgeous.
The grey grey photos are just fabulous and your barn sounds amazing. I am in awe of the beautiful place you are raising your child in!! Hope that the rain stops soon! It's been pretty grey here too!!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures look so Finnish! There are a lot of barns like that here.
ReplyDeleteoh, such beautiful pictures here, and in your previous post. i want to visit your place!
ReplyDeletei love your observation about the girls with their head-lamps, too.