We have been having computer issues (it was just shutting down of its own accord,) so I've been a bad blogger this week. And now I am heading off with my boys to visit the eastern family for a few weeks. I hope to be able to blog a bit while I am gone, but I'm now sure how much I'll be able to get to it. But there will be much fun to be had (after we live through the busy toddler on the airplane experience...) with visiting of friends and babies and lots of relatives and getting our "city fix."Ari has been really enjoying being out and about lately, and seems to just love watching what is going on (and running and running and running amidst the busy-ness.) We went to a music festival last weekend and he danced and ran and snuggled every baby in sight until late into the night- three days in a row! He really perfected some fine dance moves, and after watching all those adults up there moving and shakin' it up he has decided that dancing is a very serious and important business. He twirls and squats and bounces and wiggles with determined concentration. It is hard work to not just scoop him up and eat him up in all his adorable deliciousness, but he obviously wants to be taken seriously. We try.
We realized while at the festival, surrounded by a zillion other babies (we've had quite a boom here lately!) that Ari is exceptionally active for his age. He really never stops. While other babes were clinging to their mamas, or circling their parents closely, Ari was covering every inch of the grounds and trying to dance with the crowds of adults and chasing bigger kids and visiting all the people in the benches and finding sticks and falling down (on purpose. This is a new favorite game. Quite entertaining.) This was a good insight to me- of course all toddlers are busy little people, but this guy is especially so. It is good to realize that I am justified in feeling exhausted at the end of the day. Add the fact that he still wakes up every 2-3 hours in the night and you have a mama that is really looking forward to her holiday! Not that he will stop waking or running on our trip, but at least there will be a load of other adults to share the job!
So wish us luck with our busy boy on the airplane and I'll try to post some photos and stories from our adventures. Happy weekend!
Hope you have a great few weeks holiday and look forward to hearing all the tales when you return!! Hope Ari has a ball!!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip, and hope you get some rest : )
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip :)
ReplyDeleteso glad to have found you while wandering this eve...wishing you well...we have a busy one at home as well.
ReplyDeleteWeve been having computer "issues" here too...but maybe it will all be fixed, of its own accord, when you return. Happy vacation!
ReplyDelete