My first sock! And it even fits that little foot (photographed while it is relatively still, during a morning potty session...) Aside from a bobbly little toe, the sock is relatively mistake free. Not nearly so hard as I thought it would be. There is a woman at our farmers market who sells hand dyed sock wool with detailed patterns, helps you to get just the right amount of yarn for the size of socks you are making (measuring Ari's foot right then and there,) and then offers to help you out if you run into trouble. No major troubles on the first one, but with my issues with finishing projects, getting the second one finished might be the biggest hurdle. I wonder if she offers cheer leading services? "knit mama knit!"
And with all the rain we've been having, it looks like it's going to be a good year for berries. These are some saskatoon bushes at the end of our driveway. mmm.
Hello! that's a cute sock!! I like the colours! I also have a problem with the kitchener stitch to make a nice smooth toe and a serious case of second sockitis! I always find it difficult to maintain concentration whilst working on the second sock.......
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your first sock! It looks fantastic :)
ReplyDeleteoh- so cute! i love baby sock-knitting, too- you've just reminded me.
ReplyDeleteand such pretty berry bushes, too.